The Charter for Compassion wants to recognize the innumerable contributions of women to our world. Please join us in celebrating International Women's Day on March 8, 2022: Break the Bias. We have created a short list of things we can all do to lift up women and break the bias that still impacts all of our lives.
10 Things You Can Do To Celebrate Women:
- Listen deeply, with respect and appreciation, to a woman – without interrupting her
- Honor a woman in your life who has done something notable this year – with lunch, a phone call, etc.
- Find a book or video about a woman from history and learn more about her
- Write a letter to a woman who has made a difference in your life and send it to her
- Listen to the music of women all day
- Patronize a woman-owned business – or several
- Find an organization that helps girls stay in school and sponsor a girl for 2022
- Look for ways in which women are not equal in your area and commit to changing this
- Celebrate women's achievements using social media
- Work to maintain a gender-equal mindset for the day and the rest of the year
Use this list, or create your own list, and work together with others to "Break the Bias" against women and girls. This is compassion in action.
And let's not forget to honor and celebrate women every day.
Susan and Paula
Charter for Compassion