YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN US AT THE PARLIAMENT OF THE WORLD'S RELIGIONS
Journey with the Charter for Compassion at the virtual 8th Parliament of the World's Religions (PoWR) October 16 – 18. Beginning October 10, follow these simple virtual steps to join us for this exciting weekend:
1. Go to the Landing Page at https://parliamentofreligions.org/parliament/2021-virtual
2. Click on "Registration" and register.
3. Once registered, go back to the Landing Page https://parliamentofreligions.org/parliament/2021-virtual and click on "Enter Event." This will take you to Accelevents PoWR program platform and to the Agenda.
4. Here you will be able to access all 566 Sessions beginning Saturday, October 16, 7:00 pm EDT / 6:00pm CDT / 4 pm PDT with the Opening Plenary and ending with the Closing Plenary Sunday, October 18, 10:30 pm CDT, (ALL TIMES WILL CONVERT TO YOUR TIME ZONE.) Here you will also be able to see the list of all "Speakers," "My Sessions," "Tracks and Tags," a "Search" module, as well as "Show Past Sessions."
5. To get to the Charter for Compassion Track, click on "Tracks and Tags" and scroll down to "Charter for Compassion" and click on it. This will take you to the entire listing of the Charter's scheduled presentations/ workshops – 15 opportunities. You can add those you wish to attend on your calendar of choice. Once added, you will have the time in your time zone, the link and the description of the session on your calendar. Then all you have to do is show up. What a deal!
6. Of course, there are an additional 551 opportunities / sessions at the Parliament from which you can choose.
7. Finally, don't forget the Charter has a Booth in the Exhibition Hall, AND a Lounge if you just want to relax with some Charter Folks. The lounge may be another place where follow up Charter session Q&As may be held, or movies may be shown. If so, those times will be announced prior to or during the sessions.
8. I don't know about you, but for me, I am really tired of virtual. But if we have to do it, I believe the PoWR has made it as user friendly as possible. I can hardly wait. Please join us.
Charlie Barker MD MPH ThM
Charter Coordinator for the Parliament of the World's Religions
Charlie Barker MD MPH ThM is a member of our Board, as well as our former Board Chair, and is this year's Charter Coordinator for the Parliament of the World's Religions. Visit our space this PoWR Oct 16-18.