Arts and Humanities
Arts and Compassion
United Nations Sustainability Goals:
“The World We Want 2015” Priorities:
Does our community encourage the arts—literature, art, film, video, dance, music—to help promote compassion?
- Does our community use the arts to explore the principles of compassion, seeing where there are imbalances, injustices, inequities in our practice of the “golden rule” in our neighborhoods, city, region and beyond?
- Does our community make use of the arts to help heal existing rifts and misunderstandings?
- Do the arts and humanities in our community and schools encourage a focus on cooperation rather than competition?
Diversity and Education
- Are all groups given the opportunity to share their art in our community?
- Are there programs in our schools to encourage and promote the arts?
- Do the available arts in our community reflect the diversity of everyone living here?
- Are the arts used in our community as a way to bring different people and groups together for greater understanding and cooperation?