The Common Vision Coalition of Redlands formed in 2009:
- Out of the writings of the North Redlands Vision Plan. A plan compiled in 2006 by the North Redlands Visioning Committee. It lists recommendations addressed to the City of Redlands, about revitalization in neighborhoods, businesses, and private properties. In 2009, the topic of recreation in section three of the plan became the focal point. It addresses the needs of recreation facilities and programs impacting young people and families.
- By bringing together youth enrichment providers, faith-based communities, and other non-profit organizations to support issues related to providing safe and healthy environments for young people and families.
The mission statement supports, “Changing lives through public and private collaboration to create healthy neighborhoods and proactively engage young people, families, and community leaders.”
- Bring awareness to the greater community about social and environmental issues that may impact families.
- Through collaboration find solutions that will preserve neighborhoods.
- Have a high level of success by not duplicating services or resources if necessary.
- Have strong, positive partnerships with government officials, public safety, educators, and community organizations in Redlands.
Location: Redlands, CA, USA