Denver, CO, USA Goals Set
By Jack Unruh
Present goals include to:
- Link people involved in compassion-work so that a critical mass begins to generate its own outcomes.
- Use neuroscience-based best practices to interest people in different domains in cultivating compassion as a tool as well as a motive.
- Assert that compassion, as standard equipment for all humans, is a central key to being both an individual and a societal member, reclaiming it as a person strength.
- Use Compassion Denver to move people from consumers of services to citizens – thus removing shame associate with dependency and showing what can be accomplished as a contributor.
- And finally, using this last concept to build inroads with conservative Denverites, via the personal responsibility ideology – every personally responsible person is responding to someone else, even if it’s just to work hard and pay one’s own way.