Since the Charter was launched in 2009, we’ve understood more deeply that every resilient, innovative community, institution or partnership in the world is stitched together with the thread of compassion. In our dangerously polarised world, compassion is the only route to a safe, just, peaceful and viable world.
Your gift is essential to realizing the transformative potential of the Charter for Compassion. Thank you for your support of the Charter for Compassion and the important work that lies ahead.
Karen Armstrong | London, United Kingdom | Charter for Compassion
Addressing the world’s problems with compassion is a huge challenge. Consider making a sustaining (monthly) donation of at least $1 per day ($30 per month). Examples of how your donation sustains the work of the Charter for Compassion:
$30 provides one hour of consultation to leaders of compassionate schools
$50 unites leaders across the world in a video conference meeting from one of our 12 compassion sectors.
$100 helps four passionate volunteers with scholarships to participate in a Charter for Compassion Education Institute course.
$250 provides global volunteers with best practices in compassion, through development and distribution of one Charter for Compassion newsletter.
$500 helps train leaders of a new Compassionate City initiative.
$1000 helps us reach thousands through production of video programing for the annual International Golden Rule Day (April 5) global webcast.
$2500 funds the Charter for Compassion Education Institute platform for one year.
$5000 helps secondary students in a designated area of the world to participate in the Charter for Compassion Education Summit.
Will You Donate Your Birthday to The Charter for Compassion?
People love you and they love your dedication to promoting compassionate action in the world. Consider donating your birthday as an opportunity for your Facebook friends to invest in global compassion. Start a Facebook fundraiser for the international Charter for Compassion by inviting your Facebook friends to donate as your birthday approaches.
Many people like to wish their friends "Happy Birthday" via Facebook and now Facebook will alert all your friends of your request for donations to charity on the "Birthday Reminders" page.
If you don't use Facebook, or would rather avoid this process, simply send an email to your friends and ask them to donate to the Charter for Compassion for your upcoming birthday by donating online at https://charterforcompassion.org/donate. In the form, click "Make a donation in honor/memory of someone" and insert your name in the box.
Tip: Charter ambassador Kevin Tuerff recently created a birthday fundraiser for the Charter and raised nearly $2,500 from 44 donors. The key to his success was to start the fundraiser seven days prior to the actual birthday.
Eight Easy Steps to Set-up a Facebook Fundraiser:
- Visit this Facebook page to get started: https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers?source=search_shortcut.
- Click Raise Money.
- Click Nonprofit category. If you don't see the Charter for Compassion immediately, use the Search bar and type in our name. Click on the Charter box, then click Next.
- Choose Fundraising Goal: Set an attainable goal like $250 or $500 and select the common currency of your Facebook friends.
- Set date for Fundraiser to end: We suggest you choose 2 days after your birthday. Click Next.
- Tell Your Story. Use the pre-written description of our charity, or revise the words with your personal story in the box, "Why are you raising money?" Click Next.
- Select a Photo or Video from the Charter for Compassion images provided. (Scroll down to see options). Click Create.
- Share your generous decision with followers by Clicking Invite next to their name, and then you're done!
- You'll be notified of each donation by a friend. Thank donors publicly on Facebook, highlighting their full name, so others will notice and be inspired by the donation to the Charter.
- Because donors enjoy pushing someone over the top of their goal, you should monitor the donations. As the donation total nears your goal: click Edit Fundraiser and increase your goal even higher! You might do this several times until two daysafter your birthday.
- One can organize a Facebook fundraiser at any time (not just birthdays) by Sharing content from the Charter for Compassion's Facebook page and then clicking Start a fundraiser.
From Facebook Fundraisers FAQ:
How does the Charter for Compassion receive the money? Donations via Facebook are made to Network for Good's charitable foundation, which collects credit card donations and transfers the money to the Charter for Compassion WITHOUT EXTRA FEES.
Are donations tax-deductible? Donations to US 501(c)(3) nonprofits are tax-deductible. Donations to charities outside the U.S. may be eligible for tax credits or deductions.
The Charter for Compassion is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, EIN# 46-3554077.
Are you a Fidelity investor? You may use a Donor Advised Fund to donate to our organization. http://dafdirect.org/