The University of Louisville, School of Medicine is completing a Compassion Resolution and is integrating compassion and mindfulness in our physician education curriculum
- To be a vital component in the University of Louisville's quest to become a premier, nationally recognized metropolitan research university,
- To excel in the education of physicians and scientists for careers in teaching, research, patient care and community service, and
- To bring the fundamental discoveries of our basic and clinical scientists to the bedside.
- Meet and exceed the accreditation standards of the LCME, ACGME and ACCME.
- Graduate physicians who have the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide outstanding medical care and who are well prepared for residency training.
- Provide the necessary educational, financial and human resources to support a broad spectrum of fully accredited Graduate Medical Education Programs in generalists and specialist disciplines.
- Provide high quality Continuing Medical Education in an environment of lifelong learning.
- Provide cutting edge graduate education programs (MS and Ph.D.) in the basic science disciplines.
- Increase the production of under represented minority physicians.
- Increase the placement and retention of physicians in rural and underserved urban areas of Kentucky.
- Promote collaborative teaching and learning across disciplines, departments and schools.
- Increase the quality and quantity of research, especially federally funded research.
- Develop, recruit and retain top-quality scientists, including those qualifying for Challenge-for-Excellence chairs.
- Provide state-of-the-art laboratories and equipment for investigators and trainees.
- Provide cutting-edge research training and experience to medical and graduate students, as well as to postdoctoral scholars.
- Encourage basic and translational research, as well as commercialization of faculty inventions.
- Promote collaborative research across disciplines, departments and schools.
- Develop programs of clinical excellence with complementary translational research components which will be nationally recognized.
- Add new endeavors to historic relationships to build UofL Healthcare into a major network of referral care for our region and state.
- Participate in a system of coordinated inpatient and outpatient care delivery for the medically underserved of our metropolitan region.
- Promote collaborative clinical ventures.
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA