Women are the real architects of society. ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
Grandmother Flordemayo Returns! February 27, 8am PST. Register here!
- We are committed to addressing conditions that impact girls and boys, men and women in order to accomplish our goals of a healthy, compassionate and balanced society.
- Empowering Political Literacy
The foundation of the Charter for Compassion is built on the Cities initiate. We want to ensure women have a fair and equitable role in local government. To that end we are committed to working within our Cities network and with our Partners to bring awareness to programs, organizations and educational opportunities so women are well equipped to enter the political arena and have a voice in their community’s policy and solutions based decisions.
- Advancing Education for Girls in STEAMD (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math, Design)
When we focus on the critical importance of girls becoming well educated in these areas of study, we are ensuring they are prepared to compete and thrive in the world ahead of them. Like all of our initiatives, we operate in the manner of collaboration and support of our Partners and elevate their efforts to help us accomplish our mutual goals of creating a culture of compassion and peace and where all girls and women reach their fullest potential. Please let us know if you are interested in mentoring girls.
- Advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals
On September 25th 2015, countries adopted a set of goals to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all as part of a new sustainable development agenda. Each goal has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years. We recognize the role women and girls play in addressing each of these goals and the impact each of them have on helping us achieve or Vision. We consider each of these goals in our decision making and programming.
- Ambassador program empowers the most important layer of our leadership. Please visit our Ambassador page for more information.
- Consortium connections: Charter Partners who identify in the Women and Girls sector are further organized by their body of work, as you will find in Women and Girls Partners. We encourage opportunities to network, learn, share, and explore with others in similar fields of interest and work.
- We strive to elevate our Partner's work on social media, through our programming and in our newsletters. We also pay attention to patterns and find opportunities for relationship building within and with Partners in other sectors.
- Webinar Series: We host webinars throughout the year that promote issues and bring high profile attention to certain initiatives. We are careful to engage our Partners who work on these initiatives.
We envision a world in which all girls and women reach their fullest potential for global transformation, holding compassion as our driving force.
The mission of the Charter for Compassion Women and Girls sector is to provide a platform that would enable and foster the partnerships of our Charter Partners who encounter and advocate on all issues, such as those related to gender equality, education, feminine leadership, and spirituality. All who explore creative solutions that contribute to promoting the creation of a balanced and peaceful global community are embraced and supported. With our Partners, we aim to co-create healing one heart at a time for swift and regenerative change of our communities and world.
Compassionate Karachi brought us two talented graphic artists who listened to our intentions for this sector and helped us create our own logo. This was our first example of how collaboration, trust, and sisterhood is necessary in our work moving forward.
Why did we choose the colors you see? Orange is the color of the sacral center which is the power center of all women. This orange represents us all holding up and celebrating the infinite power and creativity of all girls and women of the world. The goddess contains the color purple, which is the crown chakra that defines the connection of us all together connected to something bigger than all of us. The divine and love for all is the essence of feminine leadership.We hope this logo inspires something deep within you.
What role do women play in supporting the global movement for compassion?
Since the beginning of recorded time, we know women sit at the center of our communities. Women are first to gather together when their families and communities are threatened. We are drawn together by a biological innate imperative to heal, nurture, support and protect our environment and preserve our cultures and traditions. Indigenous wisdom reminds us of this and the critical need to collaborate and cooperate, hold one another up and blow in one another’s sails.
We are individual women and in many cases are part of women’s groups, women’s networks and women’s networks of networks who have all said, “Yes” to the concept of making “compassion a clear, luminous and dynamic force in our polarized world.” We have the unprecedented and inalienable power to support, nurture, compliment, learn from, mentor and collaborate with one another. It’s woven into the archetype of who we are as women.
What is the vision for this sector?
There is a vast and thriving matrix of women and organizations that serve women and girls that already exist within the Charter for Compassion. The Women and Girls sector’s vision is to provide the space to amplify the voices and efforts of women and girls Partners in a unique space within Charter for Compassion network. Our vision is to stretch the boundaries of our unique and diverse creativity and power to accomplish our common goal of a more compassionate world and the Charter for Compassion is a bonding agent in service to this power.
Become a Women and Girls Partner! Apply here.