Hon. Mussie Hailu born and grew up in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and studied Comparative Religions, International Relationships, Management and Metaphysical Philosophy. He also attended at the Peace building & Development Institute at School of International Service of American University Summer Course.
He is an international advocate and activist for Culture of Peace, Interfaith Harmony & cooperation, world citizenship, right human relationship reconciliation & dialogue, environmental protection and volunteerism.
He serves with many Peace and humanitarian organizations, as he strongly believes in the work of this organization toward creating and building a culture of peace and better world for all. Among many international, regional and national organtions he works with his responsibilities are:
- Representative of world Federation of United Nations Associations to the Economic Commission of Africa (ECA) and African Union (AU),
- Lifetime Deputy Governor of the American Biographical Research Institute,
- Good will Ambassador of Burundi,
- Vice Chairperson of United Religions Initiative,
- Peace Representative of the World Peace Society,
- Chairmanof Haile Selassie Aid Ethiopia,
- Special Adviser to Africa for World Peace and Love Federation,
- Good will Ambassador of Unity and Reconciliation Commission of Rwanda,
- Country Director of HOPE'87, an international organization which works to alleviate youth unemployment problem,
- Special emissary to his Majesty King Kigeli V of Rwanda,
- Patron of United World College National committee of Ethiopia,
- Board Chair of Interfaith Peace-Building Initiative,
- Representative of World Citizen Association for Africa ,
- African Diaspora Foundation Chairman for Africa,
- Ambassador of Peace and Advisor of Center for Peace building International.