An Online Course in Critical Thinking and Creative Compassion to Create Deep Dialogue
This course intends to meet a great challenge: to empower people to live in society with genuine respect and mutual care for self and others. Human relations break down when worlds collide. Violence and abuse arise in ethnic conflicts, racial hatred, gender issues, ideological confrontations, and ecological indifference. This course teaches content and skills that help transform these challenges into opportunities for a deepened sense of one’s own worldview and an awakened awareness of the worldviews of others who share a different worldview from one’s own.
Religion is the particular lens used here, with an assumption that values and ideologies can function in a person’s life as does a religion, even if someone isn't particularly or at all religious. At the end of this self-paced course, one will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Define dialogue, and apply it to one’s daily life.
- Use critical thinking about an issue of importance.
- Demonstrate increased knowledge of one’s own worldview and that of another person.
- Recognize the difference between a stereotype and a generalization and learn to deconstruct a stereotype to defuse prejudice and construct useful, respectful generalizations.
- Act with creativity and compassion.
Learn more and get started here