What is Compassionate Winston-Salem?
Think of a giant umbrella. No, even bigger than gigantic. HUMONGOUS. Under that umbrella are all of the programs and acts of compassion that we see – and don’t see – around us in Winston-Salem.
The umbrella is big enough for all of them. And more.
And, as people start seeing all of those programs and acts of compassion under the umbrella, they will want to be under the umbrella, too. Pretty soon, everyone will want to join. Programs and acts of compassion everywhere!
Then, we truly will be Compassionate Winston-Salem.
How can you be part of Compassionate Winston-Salem?
- Your acts of compassion can be as personal and private as feeling good about yourself and sharing that feeling with your best friend.
- They can be as simple and public as saying “thank you” to someone at the grocery store or as big and open as wrapping your heart around the cry of people who are hungry. You come under the umbrella every time you are kind to someone else.
- Look for programs in your worship center or in your community that help others. It may be a food pantry or a clothes closet or a medical clinic. These groups almost always can use a helping hand. That’s compassion in action.
- You need not wait to be asked. You need not wait for someone else to come up with an idea. Use your own imagination. Often the best idea is your idea, one you can put your heart and soul into.
- When you hear of a special act of compassion, tell others about it. We even have a Facebook page where you can share these stories. Follow us and like us at Compassionate Winston-Salem. We’ll like you for it.
What can the community do for Compassionate Winston-Salem?
If you act compassionately to your neighbor, you act compassionately to us. That sounds a lot like the Golden Rule. When you follow that rule, it takes you directly under the umbrella – that HUMONGOUS umbrella of compassion in action.
Contact us at:
‘Like’ our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Compassionatews,
Follow us at: Twitter: http://twitter.com/CompassionateWS
Snail mail: 1926 N. Peace Haven Road #256, Winston-Salem, NC 27106.