UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) and MGIEP (Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development) collaborate on various programs related to education, peacebuilding, and sustainable development. Here are some notable programs:
- Global Citizenship Education (GCED) Program: This program aims to promote the development of knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes necessary for active global citizenship. It focuses on fostering peace, sustainable development, human rights, intercultural dialogue, and understanding.
- Transforming Education for Humanity (TEH) Conference: TEH is a global conference organized by MGIEP, in collaboration with UNESCO and other partners. It brings together policymakers, educators, researchers, and innovators to explore and promote innovative approaches to education for peace, sustainable development, and global citizenship.
- Gaming for Peace (GAP): GAP is an initiative by MGIEP that uses digital games and gamified learning to promote peace and sustainable development. It explores the potential of games to engage learners, foster empathy, and develop skills for conflict resolution and dialogue.
- Learning to Live Together (LTLT) Program: LTLT is a comprehensive program that focuses on values education and social and emotional learning. It aims to equip learners with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values needed to live together in peace and build sustainable societies.
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP): The institute itself is a notable program, established by UNESCO in India. MGIEP conducts research, develops innovative educational materials, and provides training on various aspects of education for peace, sustainable development, and global citizenship.
These are just a few examples of the UNESCO/MGIEP programs of note. The organizations are actively involved in numerous other initiatives, research projects, and collaborations that promote education, peace, and sustainable development worldwide.