Photo by Drew Beamer on Unsplash
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
~ Edward R. Murrow
There is something about Murrow’s quote that makes you stop in your tracks and say what does this have to do with compassion. Well, the truth is that it has everything to do with compassion. Think about what compassion requires of us:
- Be vigilant about what is going on around us.
- Explore what is true.
- Determine what is most needed, useful, and timely.
- Speak the truth. Speak truth to power.
- Act respectfully and kindly.
- Act ethically.
- Seek different perspectives.
- Hold to your values.
- Be a steward to the earth.
- Speak plainly.
- Give to others in all ways, until it hurts.
- Be an ally,
- Share your thoughts.
Let us hear the good news, the terrible news, and the news that makes us question what direction we must take. Let us hear the news that applauds our team members and makes us smile.