Date: March 19th
Peace Literacy is Informed by Three Main Questions:
- What if people were as well-trained in waging peace as soldiers are in waging war?
- What if people were trained to address the root causes of problems rather than the symptoms?
- What if we taught peace as a skill set, as a life-saving literacy, with as much rigor as we teach literacy in reading and writing?
Peace Literacy empowers us to protect the survival of our relationships, families, communities, nations, and the world by equipping us with the skills needed to:
- Build strong communities
- Confront root causes of problems
- Navigate struggle and uncertainty
- Use technology with discernment
- Create peace that is resilient and sustainable
- Thrive as human beings
The origin story for the creation of a Peace Literate world is still being written, and you can be a valued part of this story. You can increase realistic hope in your life and in the lives of others by joining us in the mission to create a Peace Literate world.