Who uses/needs public transportation in our community (for school, business, shopping, banking, child care, medical care)?
- What forms of public transportation are currently available?
- Is public transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for all who need it—especially those who must rely on public transportation?
- Do our current modes of transportation (private and public) contribute to poor air quality in our community?
- Is there transportation available to help the elderly and disabled fulfill their needs (shopping, medical appointments)?
- Are provisions made for the safety of those riding bicycles and other non-motorized forms of transportation?
- Is any portion of the community isolated because of the lack of safe, clean, convenient transportation?
United Nations Sustainability Goals:
- Empower inclusive, productive, and resilient cities.
“The World We Want 2015” Priority:
- Better Transport and Roads
Does our community:
- Provide education/communication about transportation issues? About the connection between transportation and environmental pollution?
- Encourage car pooling, van pooling, and non-motorized forms of transportation for a safer, more healthful environment?
- Does our state enforce speed limits, educate and promote information about the connection between speed limits, fuel conservation and environmental standards?