Photo by Alexis Brown on Unsplash
Programs and Services
- What programs, facilities, activities, and services are available to support the well-being of the youth of our community?
- Does our community educate adults to “take youth seriously”, to listen, to invite youth to the table, to treat each other with compassion and respect?
- Does our community (and schools) address bullying and cyber-bullying?
- Does our community provide mentoring programs for youth? Confidential counseling programs?
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- Ensure effective learning for all children and youth for life and livelihood.
- Achieve gender equality, social inclusion, and human rights for all.
- Empower inclusive, productive, and resilient cities.
“The World We Want 2015” Priorities:
- A Good Education
- Equality Between Men and Women
- Political Freedoms
- Freedom from Discrimination and Persecution
Participation and Leadership
Does our community:
- Have opportunities for youth to provide input by participating in discussion and decision-making?
- Have training for youth to advocate for themselves (interpersonal, speaking, writing, media)?
- Encourage discussion to identify societal and cultural values?
- Have groups to advocate for disabled, homeless, LGBT, immigrant or migrant, incarcerated or institutionalized youth?
- Provide leadership training and guidance for youth?
- Encourage and provide youth with opportunities to develop their own programs and solutions?
Youth and Compassion
- What role can the youth of our community play in contributing to the global compassion movement—here in our community and beyond?
- Does our community support families in becoming more compassionate?
- Do the sports programs in our community operate with compassion and promote cooperation?