In a Compassionate City
- Diverse groups of leaders and citizens work with intention to bring the Golden Rule into every aspect of civic life.
- Political and civic gatherings are marked by careful listening, thoughtful dialogue, vigorous debate and a desire to serve.
- Agencies provide public services to support and cherish all citizens.
In a Compassionate Place of Worship
- The Golden Rule is at the core of teaching and practice.
- Strangers are welcome and all work to heal the world.
- The Community cares for the poor, homeless, hungry, sick and grieving.
- Justice is imagined and created through public advocacy and practice.
In a Compassionate School
- Students learn how to listen to each other.
- Service-Learning is part of the curriculum.
- Students and teachers actively prevent bullying.
- Students are taught to be global citizens and to treat others with respect and dignity.
In a Compassionate Business or Organization
- Employees are treated with gratitude and respect.
- Employees are provided with a living wage.
- Employees are encouraged to take care of themselves with exercise, rest and meditation.
- Employees are supported in doing community service.
- All keep in mind the well-being of clients, customers, partners and supply chain.
- Health of the community is a clear and action based objective.