Photo by Marco Antonio Casique Reyes on Unsplash
While we recognize the inherent worth and dignity of all genders, women have sat at the center of our communities since the beginning of recorded time. Women gather together when their families and communities in celebration and in grief. We are drawn together by a biological innate imperative to heal, nurture, support and protect our environment and preserve our cultures and traditions. Global wisdom reminds us of this and the critical need to collaborate and cooperate, hold one another up and blow in one another’s sails.
We are individual women and in many cases are part of women’s groups, women’s networks and women’s networks of networks who have all said, “Yes” to the concept of creating “compassion a clear, luminous and dynamic force in our polarized world.” We have the unprecedented and inalienable power to support, nurture, compliment, learn from, mentor and collaborate with one another. It’s woven into the archetype of who we are as women.
Understanding gender issues as they relate to women and girls is essential for promoting gender equality and creating a more inclusive society. Here are some key points to consider:
- Gender Inequality: Women and girls have historically faced various forms of discrimination and inequality due to their gender. This includes disparities in education, employment opportunities, political representation, healthcare access, and social expectations. Recognizing these inequalities is crucial for addressing them effectively.
- Gender-Based Violence: Women and girls are disproportionately affected by gender-based violence, including domestic violence, sexual assault, harassment, and harmful practices like female genital mutilation and child marriage. It is important to raise awareness about these issues, support survivors, and work towards preventing and ending all forms of violence against women and girls.
- Empowerment and Leadership: Promoting women's and girls' empowerment involves creating an environment where they can exercise their rights, pursue education and career opportunities, and participate in decision-making processes at all levels. Supporting female leadership and providing mentorship opportunities are key components in breaking barriers and advancing gender equality.
- Health and Well-being: Women and girls have specific health needs that deserve attention and support. This includes reproductive health, access to family planning, maternal healthcare, and addressing issues like menstrual health and menopause. It is important to ensure equitable access to healthcare services and information to promote their well-being.
- Intersectionality: Recognizing the intersectionality of gender issues is crucial. Women and girls from diverse backgrounds, including those who are marginalized due to their race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, disability, or sexual orientation, face multiple layers of discrimination. Understanding and addressing these intersecting forms of discrimination is essential for achieving true gender equality.
- Education and Awareness: Educating society about gender issues is vital for fostering empathy, challenging stereotypes, and promoting equality. It is important to teach young girls and boys about gender equality and consent, and to encourage critical thinking and open dialogue surrounding gender-related topics.
- Advocacy and Policy Change: Advocacy efforts are crucial for driving policy changes and legal reforms that address gender issues. Promoting and implementing laws and policies that protect women's and girls' rights, ensure equal opportunities, and combat discrimination are vital steps towards gender equality.
Gender issues are complex and multifaceted. It is important to listen to and amplify the voices of women and girls, as well as engage men and boys as allies in the pursuit of gender equality. By promoting awareness, taking action, and advocating for change, we can work towards a more equitable and inclusive future for all.
Provide a platform to foster relationship with Charter Partners, and advocate on issues such as those related to gender equality, education, feminine leadership, and spirituality. We promote the creation of a balanced and peaceful global community. We embrace, support and explore creative solutions that contribute to co-create healing one heart at a time, for timely and regenerative and evolutionary change of our communities and world.
We envision a world in which all girls and women embody their fullest potential and embrace passion as a pathway to comPASSION.
- Create new language that supports and elevates the consciousness of women and girls and their interactions in the world. We do that by co-creating exploratory and experiential webinars and forums for all to participate in creating new narratives. Through this process, we are able to amplify the voice of women and girls in the Charter for Compassion community and beyond.
- Continue raising awareness of the Charter for Compassion and the worldwide community of people collaborating in partnership for a compassionate and caring system and economic structure that is equitable, just and accessible.
- Bring hope and a world platform for people in their local community to elevate their creative genius to participate with other states and countries to reduce the feeling that they are working alone.
- Along with our Partners we address conditions that impact women and girls in order to accomplish our goals of co-creating a balanced, healthy and sustainable society for all humanity.
- Empowering Political Literacy: The foundation of the Charter for Compassion is built on the Cities initiate. We want to ensure women have a fair and equitable role in local government. To that end we are committed to working within our Cities network and with our Partners to bring awareness to programs, organizations and educational opportunities so women are well equipped to enter the political arena and have a voice in their community’s policy and solutions based decisions.
- Advancing Education for Girls in STEAMD (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math, Design): When we focus on the critical importance of girls becoming well educated in these areas of study, we are ensuring they are prepared to compete and thrive in the world ahead of them. Like all of our initiatives, we operate in the manner of collaboration and support of our Partners and elevate their efforts to help us accomplish our mutual goals of creating a culture of compassion and peace and where all girls and women reach their fullest potential. Please let us know if you are interested in mentoring girls.
- Advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals: On September 25th 2015, countries adopted a set of goals to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all as part of a new sustainable development agenda. Each goal has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years. We recognize the role women and girls play in addressing each of these goals and the impact each of them have on helping us achieve or Vision. We consider each of these goals in our decision making and programming.
- Ambassador program empowers the most important layer of our leadership. Please visit our Ambassador page for more information.
- Consortium connections: Charter Partners who identify in the Women and Girls sector are further organized by their body of work, as you will find in Women and Girls Partners. We encourage opportunities to network, learn, share, and explore with others in similar fields of interest and work.
- We strive to elevate our Partner's work on social media, through our programming and in our newsletters. We also pay attention to patterns and find opportunities for relationship building within and with Partners in other sectors.
- Webinar Series: We host webinars throughout the year that promote issues and bring high profile attention to certain initiatives. We are careful to engage our Partners who work on these initiatives.