Columbia College offers a unique emphasis on leadership development and career preparation, with a nationally renowned honors program and opportunities for individualized study.
Columbia College is home to the 2010-11 Carnegie/CASE U.S. Professor of the Year and ranked by the National Survey of Student Engagement to be among the top-performing institutions in the country.
A great liberal arts education should be complimented with professional development and career preparation.
- Columbia College is a place for students to excel. In addition to a rigorous liberal arts education, our students receive four years of personalized advising setting them up to graduate with a plan to succeed in their chosen career.
- The Institute for Leadership and Professional Excellence is unique to Columbia College. The Institute provides the support students need to build a career portfolio beginning in their first year including multiple real-world experiences and high-impact internships. Our four-year commitment to professional development offers the promise of job preparation and economic independence.
- The Women’s College offers over 30 majors, a premedical program, and individualized programs of study. More than half of Columbia College alumnae pursue advanced degrees, including law school or medical school.
Students who spend more time with professors do better academically and are more confident of their career choices.
- Columbia College classes are small allowing for close collaboration between faculty and students.
- Columbia College has a 13:1 student to faculty ratio.
- 100% of our classes are taught by exceptional faculty (no teaching assistants).
Leadership experience at a women’s college provides training and encouragement for leadership positions in your life, your community and your profession.
- Leadership development is infused throughout the curriculum in every academic program. Throughout their four years at Columbia College, students are asked to examine their leadership potential through the development of courage, commitment, confidence and competence.
- As a women’s college, we are uniquely positioned to provide a learning environment where students are focused and independent. Having a wide variety of female role models builds confidence and boosts the aspirations of female college students—President Dinndorf is a graduate of a women’s college and 69% of our faculty are women.
- Our intentional commitment to leadership and service is well known and nationally recognized. In 2011, Columbia College was one of only five institutions nationwide to receive the Washington Center and New York Life Foundation Higher Education Civic Engagement Award.
Higher education should be accessible and affordable.
- A private, liberal arts education at Columbia College is more affordable than you may think. 99 percent of our students do not pay full tuition, because they receive financial assistance in the form of scholarships and grants.
- When assessing a student's financial need, we go beyond “sticker price” of tuition, room, and meal plan. We look at books, personal expenses and travel.
- We encourage work experience that is meaningful to education, which often provides additional financial relief.
- Columbia College was named a "Best Value" school in the 2013 US News and World Report.
College should support the personal development of each student in a safe and fun environment.
- We offer help for each student in transitioning from high school to college with a five-day orientation including team building and community service, as well as innovative curriculum designed to help first-year students be more successful, involved and focused.
- Our urban setting in South Carolina’s capital city offers a vibrant environment for campus life.
- Columbia College is recognized as one of the safest college campuses in the state. Our police department of 15 sworn officers patrol 24/7 in vehicles and on foot.
- Our police department was one of only three colleges to receive the Exemplary School Safety Award from the National School Safety Advocacy Council.
- Columbia College offers seven sports and has been named the NAIA Institutional Champions of Character Award recipient for the past two years.
- Students can choose from more than 50 student organizations to nurture personal interests and passions.
Location: Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Website: Columbia College
Facebook Page: Columbia College