These are the eight principles that represent the Peace Game and Peace on Earth by 2030 initiative theory of change. They are premised on this insight from the preamble to the UNESCO Charter. “Since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defenses of peace must be constructed.”
- Peace on Earth requires the transformation of people's hearts and minds.
- Peace on Earth emerges from people and communities and then political leaders follow.
- Peace on Earth is a learned competency of seven peace practices that can be cultivated by individuals.
- The Peace Game teaches these seven peace practices in a playful way which significantly increases learning and in a community setting which establishes them as new social norms enabling long term adoption.
- Peace on Earth starts with the individual but comes to fruition when people in a community practice these enlightened ways of relating to one another. At this point the community becomes a Peace on Earth Zone.
- As each community experiences the well being of its residents and the community-at-large from a Peace on Earth Zone, other communities are naturally attracted to these benefits. Diffusion of Peace on Earth Zones occurs organically and effortlessly.
- A date specific time – Peace on Earth by 2030 – held in the hearts and minds of humanity galvanizes our collective will to act.
- Peace on Earth is inevitable when enough people and communities experience the individual and community well being offered by the Peace Game and Peace on Earth Zones. We have everything needed to create Peace on Earth by 2030!
These peace principles are actualized by our knowledge of personal and community empowerment, second order change, and the science of tipping points.