Starts June 12
Starts August 21
Starts September 11
Starts October 16
Self-Directed Learning Courses
With the Charter for Compassion at the heart of all we do, we invite all people to join us in making compassion the driving force as we work to alleviate the suffering of our fellow beings and help create a just economy and a peaceful global community. What stirs the hearts of millions of people around the world to take care of each other and of the Earth itself? What if all these people, who are earnestly working and yearning for peace in hamlets and villages, towns and cities, republics and kingdoms and countries throughout the globe were able to connect with each other to join hearts and minds for a more compassionate and peaceful world?
The purpose of the Charter for Compassion Education Institute (CEI) is to provide relevant and timely learning experiences for anyone interested in growing compassion in their lives and their community, locally and globally. The Charter’s dream is to connect people from every nation—to share our stories, our perspectives, and our common yearning to create a world of compassion for every being. One of the ways we are working to make these connections is through education.
Why Compassionate Education?
Our courses are authored by uniquely skilled facilitators who share tools and strategies to cultivate self-compassion, compassion for others, and compassionate action. CEI is supported by tuition costs and as an arm of the Charter for Compassion, CEI contributes its income to support the operations of the Charter.
CEI offers courses that address the work of compassion in many contexts—in communities, healthcare, business, education, religion and interfaith, social services, the arts, restorative justice, environment, science and research, women and girls and social justice.
We’ve designed courses to help you:
- Define and determine how the concept of compassion can make a difference in your personal life, in your workplace, in your community, and beyond
- Gain and practice skills and competencies of self-awareness, self-compassion, and emotional intelligence that are the basis for the initial and continued development of compassion for others
- Acquire skills and competencies that demonstrate compassion as an action that can be constantly present in our lives to bring about positive change for the betterment of the world
- Explore the attributes (i.e., altruism, caring, empathy, encouragement, happiness, gratitude, kindness, listening abilities, mindfulness, resilience, and responsibility) of compassion as skills that are essential in the continued practice of compassionate action
- Learn techniques and processes to facilitate further discussions and dialogue with others about compassion and compassionate action
- Explore and develop a structural foundation that can lead to next steps in a compassionate journey—designing a compassionate community or city initiative, linking a local community with an international community in order to promote dialogue and compassionate action in schools, businesses, and congregations
Register now to join us on this journey to a more compassionate world. Share your ideas and perspective with others around the world who care about cultivating compassion for all people, all creatures, and our Earth. If registration is not yet available for a specific course, or you have any questions please email Olivia for more information.
CEI offers Featured Courses which are instructor-lead and On Demand allowing you open access based on your schedule. Please review our available and upcoming courses on our home page Charter Education Institute.
A limited number of scholarships may be available for those who cannot pay the full amount but want to learn more about compassion and contributing to a compassionate world. For more information, contact our administrator at Olivia.